Residential Construction Process - Development System
The Building Process for Development Homes
You will have the opportunity to meet with us at several stages throughout the construction process. At your pre-construction meeting, plans will be reviewed, confirm various selections made and any changes you have requested. At that time, you will also be provided with an overview of the construction process and answer any questions.
In an effort to keep you involved throughout the construction process, you will be invited to participate in several homesite walks, including those listed below. In addition, you may request additional walks to keep you informed of progress.
• Electrical Walk: You will meet with our electrician once the roof and stairs are installed. Expect this meeting to take approximately two hours. At this meeting you will identify locations of fixtures, cable, specialty lighting, etc.
• Framing Walk: Framing Walk is done when all framing and rough mechanicals are complete. This walk will consist of verifying rooms, locating the mechanicals along with door openings, etc. prior to the installation of sheet rock.
• Precision Glass: Once sheetrock is complete, you will be contacted directly by a glass representative to schedule a time at the house to select mirrors, bath accessories, shower doors and closet shelving.
• Landscaping: Our landscapers will contact you to review and select one of our generous packages. At this time, you may choose to add hardscape options, such as a patio or paver walkway, etc.
• Final Walk: Dave Trojanski or Julie Gracz will schedule the home introduction directly with you. Expect for this walk to take approximately two hours. You will review all aspects of the home and its functions. We will go over all mechanicals and general maintenance of home prior to closing.
• Post-Closing Walk: Once you have lived in your new home for approximately two weeks, we ask that you contact the office to set up a time at your home to review your final walk through and if you have any further questions about your new home.
The Selection Process: Our staff is here to assist you with building your home. Feel free to contact us at any time with any questions or concerns. In addition to our staff, you will have 10 hours of time with our Interior Designer, Denise Palumbo of Plum & Crimson
Julie Gracz will contact you to coordinate appointments to assist you with the following selections:
NOTE: It is important to have the following selections finalized prior to the Framing Stage:
We will coordinate a time with you in our offices to make these Selections within two weeks of signing your contract.
1. Exterior Selections (Siding/Trim/Shutters/Roof/Etc.)
2. Appliance Selections
3. Kitchen Selections
4. Plumbing Fixture Selections
5. Fireplace & Surround
In addition, the following selections need to be completed. Julie Gracz will contact each vendor to schedule a time to meet with you.
1. Flooring Selections
2. Door Hardware Selections
3. Lighting Selections
4. Tile Selections
5. Granite Selections
NOTE: You will have a choice of five undermount stainless steel sinks to choose for your Kitchen. These are on display at Granite & Marble Works. Please be advised, children under age 18 will not be allowed into the warehouse.
6. Bath Accessories/Shower Door/Mirrors/Closet Shelving
7. Window Treatments/Furnishings
* Please note: Each vendor will have list of our standard selections. If you choose to deviate away from these you will be responsible for additional charges. These charges will require a change order and signature approval by you as well as a Bonacio Construction representative.